27 Oct Earl Grey Hot Toddy Twist
Alluring autumn brings stunning early sunsets and a whole new wardrobe to enjoy them in – if you’re feeling fabulous, that is. Fend off those utterly un-fabulous colds & coughs with our Earl Grey Hot Toddy Twist:
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 180ml very hot water
- 60ml whiskey of your choice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece of star anise
- 2tsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Lemon peel (to garnish)
- Fresh lavender flower (to garnish)
- Place the tea bag in a cocktail glass and steep for 4 minutes. Remove the tea bag (don’t press on it) and pour in the whiskey, adding the honey, cinnamon and star anise.
- Take the lemon and make a slice through one side of the peel and the pulp, so that you have one long, thin strip of peel. Twist the peel, curling it into a spiral shape. Put to one side.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the cocktail and stir – frivolously, romantically, however takes your fancy – before garnishing the glass with the lemon twist.
- Cut the lavender stalk short and float the flower on top.
- Find a plush spot, play some early Adele and whole-heartedly enjoy.
Our Earl Grey Hot Toddy Twist is delicious with Percy’s Lavender, Orange & Honey Perfect Pockets.